A Week of Food Series: Week 1 Day 1

Well this bright idea of mine took forever to create. Sorry about that! I hope the next installment will be a little better to execute. I just have to remember to take pictures!

Easy Taco Bake

This recipe was adapted from the one found here.

The ingredients are as follows - 

  • 1 can of refrigerated crescent rolls
  • 1 pound of ground meat
  • 3/4 cup of salsa
  • 2 tablespoons of Fajita seasoning
  • shredded cheese
  • oven set to 350F

You first open you can of crescent roll dough and separate the triangles. place them in a pie pan or even a square pan with the points in the center. Press edges together and up the sides of the pan. (un-greased)


Next you cook the meat (I used ground beef) in a large skillet until done. Drain off any extra liquid. Add in your salsa and fajita seasoning, cook for another five minutes.


Then you add the meat mixture to the crescent lined pan.




Top with shredded cheese. I used cheddar but any kind would work.



Cook for roughly 15 minutes or until the edges of the crust are golden brown and the cheese is all melted.


Cut. Top with whatever you like. 



Serve and enjoy!

My family really enjoyed this meal. So much so we made it twice in one week You could make this dish with anything you want from ground turkey to salsa Verde topped with Gouda. Whatever you're craving all baked in a delicious crescent crust!

Let me know if you make it and what you think.

Ta for now,
Kayla





Comments

  1. Think I might try this one with one exception. I'll use Taco Bell taco seasoning instead of the Fajita seasoning, even thought the rolls are a no no for us diabetics ...I'll let you know how it turns out. Kind of reminds me the Taco salad we make using crushed up Doritos....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the fond memories of taco salad lol I'm not sure what you could substitute for the crescent rolls. Maybe eggplant? Let me know how it goes.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Used To Groom Dogs

Lucas Ebert EP

November Favorites 2014