Seven Day Challenge: #1

So I am an introvert.......but sometimes I have this over whelming urge to be daring or adventurous. Since it's in my nature to be overly cautions and over think everything I thought I should start small.

I rarely try new things and find comfort in routine. I'm not to keen on change and I rarely step outside of my comfort zone. So my thought was to do one or two things I don't normally do and gradually move up to doing the big things that have always terrified me.

For my first SDC I went with: Wake up at 6:30 am and, sleep in the center of my bed. Now these might seam like strange challenges but I am a procrastinator. I liked to stay up late and then wake up 30 minutes before I had to go to work or just sleep the day away. I was really depressed and felt like shit. It got to the point where something had to change or I was going to suffocate. I have a King size bed but since I got it only slept on the very edge. Why? I really don't know I just didn't think I could sleep in the middle.

So the first morning was easy the next three sucked but now on the 10th day I'm awake just about 3 minutes before my alarm goes off. I can't believe how much I get done in the mornings and still have time to sit with a cup of coffee and catch up on my TV shows. I've always been a night person and never thought I could be a morning person but hot damn I'm liking it! Now only time will tell when Winter comes and I wake up and it stays dark for two more hours but whatever I'm just gonna go with it!

My first 6:30 morning.

The thirst morning. Lucian was not impressed.

The weekend I spent house sitting for a friend. I thought this vase was pretty.


Sleeping in the center of my bed was more difficult then getting up early. Really, the first night I could not find a comfortable spot and the dogs didn't know where to lay and it was kinda awkward. But save for one night and the weekend I house sat for a friend I've begun to enjoy being the center of my sleep.

Proud of my self for this little challenge and it's actually helped me in other parts of my life. Yay!

Ta for now,
Kayla

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Used To Groom Dogs

Lucas Ebert EP

November Favorites 2014