Kiamichi Rod Run 2014

Okay so there is a thing about me that many people do not know. I love old, vintage cars. I think there is something beautiful about them and when they are restored it's like a piece of drive-able art. Now some would say I old like old cars because Sam and Dean drive a bad ass muscle car but oh contrair my friends.

My Grandfather used to have this awesome old Jeep and we still have his 57 Chevy that my Uncle is restoring. My Dad used to have this sweet VW Van that I loved and one day I hope to own a vintage car. I would die to have an old Beetle or you know a 67 Chevy Impala lol

Every Year the Kiamichi Street Rods host a Rod Run up in the State Park. All week long you will see them driving around town, then they park them and show them off in the Park. I have only been to this thing once since I've lived here but I have been to the Downtown thing our Main Street program used to host but for some reason did not do it this year. Anyway so Saturday morning me, my Mother, my Brother my Niece and my Nephew went up the mountain to look at some old cars. I was the only one who really wanted to go but the others tagged a long for the eventual food.

I strolled along looking but not touching some truly beautiful cars. Some I had no Idea what they were some I knew. Some were restored to like new other were works in progress. I didn't talk to anyone because I know very little about cars so I just smiled, nodded and took some pictures. We only stayed about an hour but it was fun and I will be going back next year.






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Used To Groom Dogs

Lucas Ebert EP

November Favorites 2014