These are a few of my Favorite things! Jan'14

Okie dokie then! I love watching monthly "Favorite" videos on YouTube and reading them on blogs so I thought why not start off the new year with some of my faves! I hope to keep this a monthly thing and will include beauty, fashion, TV, movies, music and other random tid bits! Enjoy!

My Monthly Favorites for January 2014

Lets start off with some Beauty things. I admit I am new to the game from "professional" makeup and so some of these things many, many of you already know about but to me they are new an exciting!

Real Techniques brushes by Sam Chapman. Okay so I am in love with these brushes! They are so soft and so easy for beginners like myself to use. I bought mine from my local Super Wal-Mart. I got a set of eye brushes and then one powder brush. I have used them all and cleaned them once and I have to say they are worth it.


Next I have some skin care faves. I have had a horrible time with acne since I was 13. I have tried just abut everything until this mast month. I started off just using nothing after one particularly bad break out. But after stumbling upon Simple Skin Care at my local Super Wal-Mart I thought why not give this little trial pack a try. I could not be more happy with it! I love the makeup removing wipes as well. I found a pack of just eye size wipe on sale other day and picked them up. I have had the sample pack for a little over two months and am just now to the point of needing to re purchase the cleanser and lotion. I have since bought a full size pack of the cleansing wipes. With just using these products on my face cleared away the majority of my acne. I use it at least once a day. I have combination to oily skin.

I have also embraced Tea Tree Oil. After reading an article from Herbs and Oils World I have been using this for the past moth. Yes, I put it on my face. It is amazing at helping my skin heal and to keep the acne away. I put a few drops onto a cotton pad and apply it to my T-Zone after cleansing with Simple Skin Care. Then I apply my face lotion over the top. You can use tea tree oil on bug bites, blemishes, you can put it in your shampoo to help with dandruff and it can even be used as a natural remedy to get rid of lice. Its awesome stuff and affordable. I, again, bought mine from Wal-Mart. You can find it in the vitamin isle.

This is my clean face, no filter, today 2/4/14. Not a blemish in sight. The redness is from me being ill for the past few weeks. Some of the red spots/bumps are old acne scars.



Next is this makeup pallet called W7 In The Buff Natural Pallet. It's a dupe on the Naked pallet from Urban Decay. Now I love me some Urban Decay but I don't have the cash to drop $50 on eye shadow. No matter how awesome it is. I did however squeal with delight with watching Siobhán of LetzMakeup on YouTube talk about this W7 pallet. I bought mine from Amazon.com but it is currently sold out. I got mine for $12 (including tax and shipping). I can not wait to play with this pallet.




Now on to some TV! I watch a lot of television. I have upwards of 80 season passes on my DVR. My current new fave is Men at Work on TBS. So freaking funny. Men At Work is on its second season and every week it just keeps getting better. From TBS's website : 
Men at Work centers on four buddies who work together at a magazine and form a modern day band of brothers as they navigate work politics, life and love in New York City. Danny Masterson plays Milo, a bearded writer for the magazine who is still getting back into the dating game after dealing with being dumped early in Season One. James Lesure is Gibbs, a photographer and successful ladies man. Michael Cassidy plays Tyler, a features writer who brings a dose of style and sophistication to the group. And Adam Busch is Neal, a somewhat nerdy ad salesman and the only one in the group with a steady girlfriend (Meredith Hagner).
Go, watch, laugh. So good.


I have just now been able to upload some music from my MP3 player to my iPhone and its basically filled with Stevie Nicks. I am obsessed. But while messing around on Buzzfeed I found this article about One-Hit- Wonders from the 2000's  on that list was Smooth Criminal by Alien Ant Farm. I was so not aware of how awesome they were 10 years ago but I have now been listing to them nonstop for the past few weeks. So good, so, so good!

So. I guess that's it for the month of January. I have done very little the past few weeks/days being sick with a really bad sinus infection so yeah. I hope you enjoyed this and I'll talk to y'all soon!

Ta for now,
Kayla

Popular posts from this blog

I Used To Groom Dogs

Lucas Ebert EP

November Favorites 2014