Stars Hollow

I loved the TV series Gilmore Girls. I watched it every week and secretly wanted to live in Stars Hollow and work at the Dragonfly Inn. To have coffee at Luke's Diner and walk around the town square. I had hopes that when we moved to small town Oklahoma it would be like Stars Hollow. Ironically, places like that only exist in TV land. Or do they? I would like to believe that there is a place like that in our world.

The town I live in could be like Stars Hollow....if people weren't so consumed by selfishness. I try to go to every chamber/main street event in my town and the town that's not 10 minutes away. I donate what I can, when I can, to just about everything that is out there. I don't make a lot of money, in fact I barely make enough to scrape by, yet I still try to give. There are a lot of people in our small community that can give so much yet won't give, cause a fuss or think they are above it all. No place is perfect I get that but what I don't understand is: Why can't we all help each other? We all want, want, want yet refuse to give to others that need?

What ever happened to you scratch my back I'll scratch yours? Or love thy neighbor? Granted I don't speak to my neighbors but I was raised to know that if someone asks for help, you give it.

I have deleted and retyped this a few times as it started to sound a little bitter and for a few minutes I ranted, in all caps.

Anyway...the next time you see a blood drive, stop and give. Or a donation box, drop in a dollar or two. Or those gross little kids selling cookies or kettle corn buy a box or bag. Or instead of having a yard sale give it to a homeless shelter or nursing home. It's not just money that people or organizations need, they also need for other people to care even for a moment.

So, I hope that there is a Stars Hollow out there someplace and I'll get to visit one day.

Popular posts from this blog

I Used To Groom Dogs

Lucas Ebert EP

November Favorites 2014